MORE ABOUT CHRISTINA NIXON




Prior to playing Christina Nixon in the short TV series "Point Pleasant" in 2005, Elisabeth was working in a lowly job at the Sundance Channel. "I was a PA. I was digitizing interview tapes like this one. Ultimately, my reasons for wanting to be involved on the production side and starting at the bottom was that it was a step forward to doing my own independent projects." But when "Point Pleasant" came colling, she was eager to jump back into acting "Somewhere along the way, I realized how much I was missing from this creative side, so now I know I can still get to that goal of producing my own films and such, but I can also do this as well." About her character, Christina Nixon, she sais:"Christina may seem weird, but she's actually like a lot of teenagers. She's constantly asking 'Will I be a good person or a bad person?' and 'How can I resist temptation?" Furthermore, Elisabeth also said she was making shore she was portraying this character in this world as accessible, human and as real as possible. "The thing about this show is that it's a supernatural drama, but it's very much grounded in the reality of normal human struggles. I'm portraying the character, it's been mostly about playing it as real as possible. Now, of course, when I'm staring at someone with the evil eye, that's fun because you don't get to do that in normal life very often. You definitely feel that way sometimes so it's definitely fun to be able to manifest those emotions for no reason. But for me it was most important to portray this character grounded in reality, in the normal sort of teen struggles." It's only fitting that the actress who plays the Devil's daughter on Point Pleasant would love horror movies. "I am so masochistic-I love to be scared, and I think The Exorcist is one of the scariest movies ever made. I can watch it over and over, and I'm still frightened by it."

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments: